Friday, September 18, 2015

A little Blue and Mostly Yellow

Whenever I think about it, I try and have my kids tell me their happy and saddy (not quite sure the spelling of this invented word) events of  their day. I decided to color coordinate this post and talk about the Blues (sad things) and the Yellows (happy things) of our lives around here lately.

The Blues 
Skyler was beyond excited to inform us last Friday that a girl in his class gave Beta Fish as a surprise to all the kids who attended her party. We missed it, but he told us she was going to give him one anyway on Monday. All weekend we talked about this fish. Skyler even wrote a book about his fish that Thais illustrated for him and read to the entire family. They decided together to name this fish BLUE. They could hardly wait for Monday to come, so they could meet this highly anticipated new pet fish! Sure enough, Skyler came on Monday proudly carrying his fish and boy was he ever ready to take care of this thing. The problem is, Skyler + Pet Fish=Disaster. He fed the fist an all-you-can-eat buffet within minutes of owning this little guy. I caught him trying to hold it several times, and we told Skyler Blue was going to die if he kept touching it. Unfortunately, there are just some things kids have to learn for themselves. Our poor Blue lasted just one day in the Monson household. Sad :/



The other Blue around here happened to our poor Gracie. She was jumping on the bed and knocked her teeth! Her front teeth were pushed back pretty far and she got a pretty good lookin' fat lip. This tooth displacement has made her lisp even more evident and although it's adorable at four, we are hoping her teeth move back and we lose this lisp at some point. The good news is that apparently dentistry here in Brazil is top notch and I really love her dentist! So does Grace. They were instant friends :)



The Yellows

This is kind of random, but one thing I love around here are the eggs. I have always been told that darker colored egg yolks mean the egg is healthier. The only egg yolks I have eaten in the States are large and light yellow (even though I buy the brown healthier ones). Here the yolks are small and so dark they are deep orange. This picture shows the cheap large white eggs versus the brown ones here. Like I said, random! Makes me happy though.


The next happy are the kiddo's schools! I spent all day yesterday at the schools and I feel beyond grateful for the sense of community, and quality of education available here. First, I went to Skyler's assembly where he had a little speaking part. I visited his classroom after and took a picture of the girl Skyler is crushing on ( yes, a crush already!)


His face says it all! Mom you are embarrassing me! Oh Skylee, boy! Get used to it ;)

Skyler's teacher is the coolest! Quite often she will text us pictures of our kids throughout the day. Here is Skyler reading to his classmate.


After meeting with a few of Thaisy's teachers as well, I headed over to the little Montessori school to join Gracie girl for lunch. They actually allow Eli to come on an hourly basis when I need babysitting and he loves it too!




My last happy is an app called WhatsApp! Basically this app allows smart phone users to call or text anyone world wide for FREE! You are using the internet so when you are at home you use your Wi-fi and when you are out you use your data plan. I have LOVED talking to friends and family over the past week. It did my heart some good! It made me feel like I am not so far away ...

Tchau!  

No comments:

Post a Comment