Monday, January 25, 2016

Top 3

Somehow December and January got away from me without a single blog post. It's unfortunate because I am a forget-er (not an actual word) and there are many things I wish I had blogged about so they remain permanent memories. I've decided by way of catching up, I will post my favorite top 3 things that happened over the last two months.

Number 1- The Sea Shipment 

I am not going to lie, getting our stuff was probably one of the best things that happened in December and January. The shipment came just a couple days before Christmas and it was a total Christmas miracle. Santa was definitely scrambling to come up with a plan B and C in case the shipment (and all of the presents) didn't show before December 25th. Celebrating Christmas a few days later almost felt superfluous because it felt like Christmas day happened the day we began unloading this big red tank of joy.

I have always been taught that "stuff'" doesn't matter. It's true that worldly things don't necessarily equal happiness... but I have to say, having your own things matter. It has made this random apartment in the middle of a foreign country a home-our home. I love looking at the pictures of our family hanging on our walls all around me and reminding myself that this little family unit is all that matters and true happiness can exist when I have these people I love most with me here.



Number 2-Thais Meets Thais

The  story behind our Thais's name is that Jordan loved a family on his mission and they had a beautiful 7 year old daughter named Thais. When Jordan and I were engaged he told me that he dreamed of naming is own daughter Thais and hoped I liked the name too. I didn't like the name, I absolutely loved it. I knew we would have a Thais. It was a dream of mine for my little Thais to meet her beautiful namesake and that happened in December.
 Here is Thais with her own baby girl, Fernanda! It is unbelievable how this little girl from Jordan's mission is married and a Mama now. It makes us feel old ;)



Number 3-Juquehy Beach

All I have heard since moving here are how beautiful Brazil's beaches are. Finally, over Christmas break we made it a point to see one with our own eyes. It did not disappoint. We booked a tiny little motel called a Posada just a few kilometers from the beach. I knew it wouldn't be glamorous because the price was significantly lower than everything else we could find, but I figured it wouldn't matter because we would be outdoors all day anyway. I have to admit, I felt a little nervous when we walked into the room the night we arrived and the room was at least 100 degrees, smelled a bit like moth balls and the light didn't work. However, once they got that AC cranked and a new light bulb installed nothing else mattered cause we were at the BEACH!



The beach really was AMAZing! Here are the pics:



I don't necessarily love coconut water all by itself but I am telling you this was the best stuff ever! The coconuts are kept on ice, first of all, so they are deliciously cold. Then a guy hacks of the top with a machete and makes this cool little design on top (even better) then you get to enjoy the sweetest most delicious coconut water ever! It was rather heavenly,


This is my last little plug about the beach ( so as to attract visitors ;) ) 

The sand is so soft it feels like you are laying on flour. I'm just sayin! 

Tchau tchau from Brazil! 

No comments:

Post a Comment