Sunday, October 4, 2015

"People Who Love to Eat are Always the Best People" -Julia Child

I wouldn't be a true Monson if  there wasn't a blog or two about what we are eating around here. I have been very happy with Brazilian cuisine. There are many, many delicious restaurants in Sao Paulo and I have only been to a handful of them so there is much to taste and explore! 

Yesterday some friends took me to a Fiera (Farmers Market) and I was in heaven because it reminded me of the Eastern Market in Detroit. Below is a gorgeous array of peppers which is exciting because my friend and I made  fresh salsa. Salsa is really hard to find here and when you do, it's not exactly my favorite. It's all good though, because I am loving it fresh!


I already posted about how much I love the eggs here! I thought it was cute that they display them in nests.

Tomatoes galore! We eat these like candy!

I feel like this hunk of meat deserves a moment of silence. I am not a crazy meat lover (although I do like meat) but there is something about this picture that makes me want to grab the end and eat this baby cave-woman style!

 Variety is the spice of life! I want to know all of the tasty dishes you can make this many spice options!

It has been so much fun trying fruits we don't have in the States. So far my favorite is a fruit that looks like a large bumpy orange. It is quite heavenly!
 Sushi is really big here. No complaints about that!
 This guy is making fresh cane juice with lime aka Nectar of the Gods!
 These guys make a mean sandwich!

I have to say, one of the things I love most about good food is how it brings people together. Most of our traditions involve eating. For example, below are our General Conference cinnamon rolls. I told my kids we weren't going to have them this time around because my Bosch hasn't arrived yet in our shipment. Thais starting crying and said that we HAVE to have them because that would be breaking tradition. Luckily, my friend offered to make us some and the tradition was saved! You gotta love life's little pleasures :)

Tchau!

No comments:

Post a Comment